Upstate Community Enhancement Foundation Presents ...
SAVE THE DATE
Chico Palio Teams up with Chico's Parade of Lights
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Make sure your Chico Palio horse is LED-light equipped this year!
You get a FREE entry into the Parade of Lights when you participate in the 9th annual Chico Palio Sculpture Race. The Parade of Lights begins at 7:30pm AFTER our Chico Palio festivities!
Chico Palio Hours: 5:30pm-7pm
Check-in at 500 Main St., Ste. 150 - across from Has Beans & the Senator Theatre
Four ways to win fabulous trophies for Chico Palio
1. Judge's Award for Best Designed Horse
2. People's Choice Award
3. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Race Winners
4. Community Spirit Award
Participants in Chico Palio receive a FREE entry into the Parade of Lights which begins at 7:30pm.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS TBA
Chico Palio celebrates ARTOBERFEST. The event is community based, with “palio” referring to the Italian word of competition between neighbors. Instead of racing real horses like in the Palio di Siena in Italy, community members create and race horse sculptures made of papier-mache, recycled materials and more. It's a time for arts, culture and nonprofit organizations to come together to celebrate community and let people know what they do and how they serve our local citizenry.
Chico Palio’s goals include:
- To support safe, creative opportunities for youth
- To foster attractive and livable neighborhoods and communities
- To provide greater access to the arts for individuals, families and communities
- To encourage economic and community development